November 22, 2008

Thanksgiving Countdown Day 6.

Health & strength. I don't know if any of you have ever sat down & read any type of dictionary about diseases & ailments (well, I do know Dan O. has), but surely you all know there are a LOT of things that can go wrong with our fragile little bodies. So today I am thankful that I have health & that my husband & son have health & strength & that nothing is majorly wrong with our bodies (knock on wood). Sure, I have crohn's & there are days when I feel like the only relief would be to cut open my own abdomen & remove my terminal illeum, but I'm still able to function, be a mother, get around & live life. I have never been told that I have a limited amount of time to live or that I would need an organ replacement. My husband rarely gets more than a cold & is strong as an ox & healthy as a horse. My son was born virtually perfect, 10 fingers, 10 toes, all organs in place & functioning & happy as a clam. We have never spent major time in the hospital or had recurring visits with foreboding doctors. There is no way of telling what the future holds, so every day must be treated as a blessing & every day I hope to work to remember that my healthy body is an incredible blessing never to be taken for granted.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Jaime, I love your countdown. I love how you are like, sure, I have crohns... like no big deal. But really, you are my hero because I never hear you complain. You are amazing. And I know what you mean about the miracle of healthy children. It is such a blessing.