November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Countdown Day 1.

Happy Thanksgiving!!! As I finish up my little countdown venture, we are brought today to Number One. The big kahuna; Family! This could turn into the longest post in blogging history, but I will try to sum it all up relatively quickly & concisely. To say it simply, I have THE greatest family in the entire history of the universe. Each one of them has such great qualities & abilities & not only am I grateful for them collectively, I am grateful for each of them individually. I am so blessed that we are close & that my sisters & my mom are truly my best friends. The generosity my parents are constantly exhibiting is unparalleled, not to mention the stunning example of Christ-like people they are. My sisters always know when I need a call or a visit. My brothers always make me laugh. They all make me feel like an integral & necessary part of the family unit. I don't know many families that can ALL go on a week long vacation together, stay in the same house, have very few moments of tension, have the best time imaginable & go home ready to hang out again. But that's my family. I owe them a debt of gratitude & am eternally thankful for them every single day.

And now, I have my own incredible little family sprouting forth that is also amazing & such a phenomenal blessing. My husband is the hardest working, strongest, most positive, generous man I can think of. He is a worthy Priesthood holder, an amazing father & a great friend. I cannot thank him enough for all he does for our little family. I am also grateful for the family he brought with him when I married him. They are great people & show us an immense amount of love & support & I love them also. They raised a good man.

And then there's my son. Where to even start there?! I am grateful for everything about him, from his laughs & his growls to his smiles his kisses & his smells. The spirit he brings into our home & the desire he gives me to be not only the best mother I can be, but the best person. I cannot begin to explain the blessing that tiny little man is in my life.


So, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to all my family. Immediate, extended, in-laws etc. You are what makes our world go round & I am eternally grateful for each part you all take in it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful family you have, jaime :)