November 12, 2008

Genealogy, I am Doing it.

My Grandma Clara Olsen. A prime example of class & timeless beauty.


My parents on their wedding day. What a gorgeous bride.
Why yes, that strapping, handsome young cowboy with the Cougar is my father.
OK, so the title is a lie. I am not doing my genealogy. I wish that I could say I was, but really my dad just wanted some copies out of some of my Grandma's scrapbooks last week when I was working at ye old QQP so I made a few copies for myself. It was so fun to look at pictures of my Grandma growing up & then my dad as a young lad. My Grandma has dozens of scrapbooks that are an amazing legacy to her kids, grandkids & great-grandkids. I hope to take some more time to look at them & then take them as encouragement to leave a better legacy of pictures, stories, letters, etc. for my own family. Just thought I'd share a couple of my favorites.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

It is so fun to go through Grandma's scrapbooks. It's amazing how much she saved...and her journal writing is inspiring as well.

Brooke said...

Awesome, Jaime! I looooove these photos. Seriously, check Dad out!! I bet it was so fun to look through the archives. Also something that is so touching to me is how Grandpa tried to keep up on the scrapbooks after Grandma died. I remember him cutting out newspaper articles and things about Plain City happenings like she would have. I miss them.

erin said...

you mom looks truly lovely in that photo... i love old pictures... these are great.