October 22, 2008

Halloweenie Roast


Monday night we ventured to Paradise (it literally is paradise) for good times with family & friends & our annual visit to the HaLlOwEeNIe RoASt. What is a Halloweenie Roast you might ask? Well let me tell you. There are a couple of retired sisters in Paradise (Mrs. Tams ring a bell, any NOJH alum?) who were left their father's farm & years ago they started decorating it for Halloween & doing hayrides for their
grandkids. Since then it has grown every year & this year they've seen over 700 visitors. They do a hayride & also a little train ride, made out of plastic barrels, pulled by tractors where they take you out through the field & show you all their fun little decorations. They also have a little spook alley in the barn & a bonfire if you'd like to roast a weenie or a mallow. Good times, folks. They go to a ton of work & I sure hope they keep it up so we can take Mr P for years to come.







1 comment:

Brooke said...

I can't believe you did the weenie roast without me, but I am trying to just be happy for you all. It is the best. Good work, Miss Tams! I'm looking forward to next year already.