October 13, 2008

Blech.



Well, so much for my bright, cheerful garden. I think my zinnias are done for. Snow the second week of October is just harsh. The weather man better be right when he says it'll get back up to around 70 by the weekend. I need some fall weather to transition my old bones into winter. My lack of enthusiasm for the coming winter season is, however, nearly made up for by my vivacious enthusiasm for sweater weather. Yes, I said vivacious & I meant it.



BUT... Our house still has this going for it.

I love the classic look of the grape vines with the red brick, & the ferocity of the color is seriously indescribable. These pictures make it look blah compared to what they look like in real life. It's my favorite part of our house right now. Come visit if you'd care to enjoy them as well. But you may want to hurry. The snow may have tainted them when it planned it's assault on my zinnias.

3 comments:

Musings of Melanie said...

When I was nine, after we moved back from Germany, we were staying at my grandma and grandpa's house and i wanted to call my friend who lived in Germany. I had no idea what her number was, I was just guessing, because of course my mom wouldnt have let me called. well i got the whole "911 emergency, what is your emergency?" and i thought i was in trouble for calling the police, so i just hung up. well about a half hour later there was a knock on the door and i answered. it was 2 police officers. i thought i was going to jail or something. my mom said all the blood drained out of face instantly, which was a tell-tale sign i was lying when they asked if anybody called 911, and i said no. so be happy he wasnt 9 and lying about calling.

Brooke said...

So pretty! The grapes, I mean. Not so much the snow!

DaBudges said...

Yay for Hoodie weather!!! Boo for killing flowers. Not that mine had much going for them, but still...they were alive:D