August 19, 2008

Jack Johnson




Tyler gave me tickets to JACK JOHNSON for my birthday this year, & last night was the night. (Sorry to miss your birthday, mom!) We had a fabulous time on our little 'date'. We enjoyed some good eats at the Cheesecake Factory, (My sweet husband did allow a lady sitting next to us to sample his meal after her husband embarrassed her by asking. Awkward, but funny. Sure, we all think we'd like to try what the person at the next table has, but who actually asks?!) but opted not to take the time for a slice of cheesecake as we were already cutting it close on time. Ridiculous, I know. Who goes to the Cheesecake Factory & doesn't get any cheesecake?! Don't worry, we were punished for our silly decision. It took us over an hour just to get from the freeway into Usana. The traffic was insane, & once we got inside we realized why; They had oversold that concert by about 4,000 people. Not to worry though, a really nice couple let us squeeze our blanket in by them & even though we were super far back we had a good, clear view of the stage. And it was a GREAT show. Heaven knows I love me some happy, feel-good, toe-tappin, chill music. Especially now that I have a child. Never can be too careful about what those little sponges are listening to. That plus the fact that sometimes I think I'm an 80 year old trapped in a 20-something body makes for a lot of mellow music around our house. (Yes, James Taylor, you still reign as favorite even if you put Tyler to sleep sometimes.)

It was a sad realization of how old we are when we got home after 11:00 & felt a little irresponsible. Thank goodness we had a good, reliable babysitter. Thanks, Cami!

And thanks, Tyler for a splendid birthday present. Ya done good!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm soooooo jealous! And where did you get those cute shoes???!!!!!

anjer said...

you. are. a-dor-able!

but james taylor? really?! just teasin.