September 06, 2008

He's One!!

I am having a really hard time believing it, but Porter turned one today. How does it happen so quickly?! I don't think it's entirely fair that one of the best years of my life went by so fast, but I'm sure every year will get better & better. We celebrated the day by doing some cleaning, grocery shopping, napping & dancing before a great party at the park with family & friends. We had pizza, a pinata, cake & some good relay races displayed by Tyler & then completed by the kids. It was a good time, complete with somersault & hand-walking contests. Pure entertainment.

Porter had his own little cake & had a hay-day smashing it, eating it & sitting in it before wiping his messy hands & face all over my jeans & shirt. Or perhaps grinding is a better term. I was a mess. Thank goodness for Spray-n-Wash, right? I was wearing my current favorite pair of jeans, so let's hope for the best. The weather was dang near perfect & having it at the park meant I didn't have a huge mess to clean up after everyone went home. Nice.

THANK YOU
to everyone who came (especially those who drove long distances), for the gifts, for the help, & for your love & support in general. Porter's a lucky boy to have so much support & love so close at hand. Sorry for the sugar high all your kids left on. That's what parties are for, right? And HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Mr. Porter! We love you!!!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

So sorry we missed it! Looks like a great time. Bennett was telling me all about it tonight!