September 05, 2008

First Haircut!

I did it. I broke down today & gave Porter his first haircut. It was a very daring move on my part for a number of reasons. Why I thought I had any know-how to give my son the first haircut of his life is a mystery to me, but the end result was pretty good, if I do say so myself. Yes, there are a few twangers & a few uneven areas, but the cuteness of his face detracts from the flaws. I had to bribe him to sit still with some cookies (hence the messy face) but that didn't hold his attention long enough, so I couldn't get the second side as short as the first. Oh well. What do you do. I'm not trained in managing small, squirmy children while wielding a sharp object. And he looks pretty pleased with his new hair, doesn't he?

2 comments:

DaBudges said...

haha cute boy! You should go into business

Brooke said...

I was looking at all those birthday pictures wondering why in the world Porter looked so old... surely it wasn't just in my head that he looked older. Could it be just because he was one now??? Nope, now I know. It's the haircut! You did an awesome job. No more Great Clips for us... we're going to Aunt Jaime's house next time!