July 30, 2009

This is how we do it.

Step 1: Get a trailer. Step 2: Get some pallets. Step 3: Get some shrink wrap. Step 4: Get a forklift. Step 5: Stack & move. I could not be more glad that we have completed step 5. We got the majority of our stuff moved in one weekend, got the house cleaned & closed last Wednesday. Whew! The past month has been a whirlwind of activity, since it was only about 6 or 7 weeks from the time we put it on the market to the time we closed. Which is a good thing-- It's a really good thing! Don't get me wrong-- I feel insanely blessed that we've had such good fortune & are on to our next adventure. However the thought of never going home to my little Terrace house again, never running across the street to swim or borrow an egg, never having neighbors show up with a delicious treat, never sitting on my front porch as the sun goes down, watching my offspring ride his big wheel with the many neighbor kids-- it all tugs at my heartstrings. We knew the time in our home there was temporary going into it, but I never could have known how 'at home' I would end up feeling there. I miss it a great deal already. I hope the cute couple taking our place feels the same happiness there that we did. And I hope our friends & neighbors don't forget us too quickly because I know I'll remember them always. Thanks for everything. I say a little prayer in my heart every day that we'll be as happy in our new home...

6 comments:

Mandy Bird said...

I HATE moving.I swear everytime we do it that it will be the last time (which I don't know why since we always rented until we bought our currant home-that's how bad I hate moving!) I'm glad you're done! Where are you living now?

Anonymous said...

love the moving setup :) hey, if it works, do it! right? :P haha hard to leave behind the things that made up your life...but just think of all the wonderful things to come :) so where are you moving to? congrats on selling your house btw! :)

Josh, Melissa and Brynn said...

Good luck on your new adventure! Moving SUCKS! Where are you building?

Tiffany said...

AWESOME! I have found my long lost friend! It is crazy but we were at the Plain City ATV derby too! We sat right by the ATV entrance! CRAZY!

Tiffany said...

AWESOME! I have found my long lost friend! This is crazy but we were at the Plain City ATV derby too! Ryker did the fish run and we sat by the ATV entrance! I am way excited! see you soon :)

Critt & Britt said...

Jamie, what??? you are already gone? You snuck out of there too quickly. Good luck with your new house and whatever adventures lie ahead. We will miss you guys.