March 28, 2009

What in the World?!

I suppose I should be flattered that all of you loyal readers out there have enough faith in me to support me in my goal of running a half marathon, however why oh why didn't just one of you try to tell me how insane I am? I had been very lightly 'training' with the idea that I would run Top of Utah in the fall or possibly one in Bear Lake in June, because I didn't get registered in time for Ogden. Which is in May, mind you. Seven weeks from today. Well, I had to go open my big mouth & tell a friend that I had tried to register for Ogden & it was full, & it just so happens that said friend has a few connections & long story shorter, I am now registered.

What in the world am I thinking? Since I found this out on Tuesday I have run (using the term incredibly loosely, as there is quite a bit of walking involved) every day with no sign of improved endurance. My breathing seems to be getting a little better, but my legs just seem sooo tired! I'm not giving up, in fact, that's not even an option. I have 3 other gals planning to run with me & also the fact that a favor was used to get me registered, I better pull through. Needless to say, any advice on the matter would be appreciated. If I'm incredibly ornery the next 7 weeks you'll now know why. Please don't judge me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! You can do it! I am so impressed! If only I wasn't preggers..... ummm who am I kidding.... I really hate physical exertion. But, yay for you... I really am so proud! :)
-me.

Anonymous said...

jaime, you go girl! i'm so impressed, even just signing up! :P i'm so out of shape i could NEVER do that.... you'll be great :)

Rachel said...

You'll do great! What I've found is that the first few miles are always the hardest. Once you're comfortable with a short run, it's so much easier to increase to 6, 8, 9 miles, etc. So hang in there! In just a couple of weeks you'll be feeling more optimistic about the whole thing.

Caid and Alicia Evans said...

Good for you! You will LOVE it, I was super scared before I did mine.. but I had a BLAST on my half marathon and I would recommend it to anyone!! You'll be so happy you did it AFTER you're done!! :)
GOOD LUCK! You'll do great!!
P.S.. take goo-packs, totally helped me get through my race!