July 08, 2008

Yeah for Freedom!

We had a great 4th of July weekend in Island Park with Tyler's family, thanks to Grandpa Noker & Kari's generosity. After some difficulty finding the cabin we had a blast eating, playing games (including a colorful game of charades), staying up way too late, watching The Office, eating & perusing Yellowstone. Unfortunately we didn't make it to the spectacular fireworks over the lake, but I did finish the 5k, so that was almost as exciting. I had high hopes of beating my last time however they were quickly shot when I saw the route. A Forest Service road, complete with hills, rocks, ruts & many places to sprain an ankle. Not the best trail for pushing a stroller. Needless to say, Tyler almost sent the sweepers in after me when I added a good 15 minutes to my last time.
But I felt great & the course was beautiful! I wish I had taken a camera with me.
Kim & Kari both have 4th of July Birthdays, so we enjoyed an abundance of cake, which is always nice. Thanks everyone for a lovely time!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Rock on, 5-K! And I'm glad you had fun even though you weren't with US... We missed you!

Sarah said...

Your trip looks fun. We're heading out to Utah in the fall and I really wanted to take a trip to Yellowstone. Your pictures are making me remember how beautiful it is there.