January 07, 2010

A Soldier is My Brother.

My older brother has enlisted in the U.S. Army Reserves & spent several weeks at a grueling basic training in South Carolina before being able to come home & spend the holidays with his family. It was precious to see his homecoming-- His kids looked at him like they were seeing an apparition. I can only imagine how hard that separation has been & is going to be as he's headed back to finish basic & then move on to Officer Candidate School. But kudos to him for doing something I would never do without being forced. Pretty sure they don't like it when recruits lay on the ground in the fetal position & cry. I'll spare them that.

1 comment:

DaBudges said...

haha I'm with ya on that. But that's great that your bro has made such an awesome choice. And kudos to his wife for supporting him (we both know how hard being a full-time mom is) I don't think I'd be so up for THAT job with just the two I have. Thanks for sharing :D