December 29, 2009

Margaret Manning McCracken.

So cozy the night before the funeral.




A very sad day passed in my family a few weeks ago when my grandma was able to let go & move on with her mortal journey. Though it was a blessing for her, the loss & heartache we feel is wrenching. It was a great opportunity to spend time with family & reflect on the greatest blessings of this life. As my aunt Margie said in her remarks at the funeral, we hit the jackpot when we were born into this family. It's soooo great. And a huge part of that is due to my grandma, who never (ever) said an unkind word to or about anyone, always had a cookie waiting & made you feel the most beautiful, special person on the planet. She & my grandpa made it 70 happy years together, & I'm going to spend the next 70 years trying to be more like her.

1 comment:

Josh, Melissa and Brynn said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I love your post, though--very well put.