May 23, 2009

New Year's Goal Completed? Check.


Yes, ladies & gentlemen, you've heard right.  I completed the Ogden 1/2 Marathon last Saturday which was the goal I had set for myself this year.  (I've been excited to post on this for a week now, but have been waiting for a pic to add. Tausha--do you hear me? :) But I gotta just get it out there.)  Does this mean I am under no obligation to further improve myself this year?  We'll see.  Actually, truth be told what it's done for me is set a bar, challenging me to do better & go faster next time.  Yes, again you heard me right.  There will be a next time!  It was pretty slow, but I finished under 3 hours & that was my goal!  An old friend from work had a son that also ran & she told me that she was long packed up & gone by the time I rolled in.  Sigh.  My parents can hardly believe I'm enjoying this junk, but I really am!  Well-- if I'm running with someone.  I'm not terribly fond of running alone.  So, just let me pat myself on the back for a minute here.  I did it!!

6 comments:

Mandy Bird said...

Good Job! I am so impressed by you!
So is a full marathon in the works? ;)

brady and kenzie said...

Congrats Jaime I am jealous! I need to get my butt up and running again and a half is something I definitely hope to do when I am done with school. I heard you did really well and you trained in such a short period of time...that's awesome!

emily ballard said...

Congratulations, Jaime. That is quite commendable. Sometimes I wish I were a runner so I could be better friends with those who are.

And I wish you weren't busy every weekend. Or at least every weekend we plan a reunion. I was thinking you could have driven down to Bridgett's party with me tonight, but she said you were off somewhere. Camping, I presume?

Sarah said...

Way to go!! What an awesome accomplishment. I knew the running gene had to be somewhere in you because of your crazy marathon parents.

Rachel said...

Great job! I knew you could do it. You've got long-distance running in your genes!

Brooke said...

YOU RULE!