August 23, 2010

Little Boy Blue.


August 5 came REALLY quickly for me this year. Amid the joyful insanity of building a house, chasing a busy toddler & all the other activities of summertime, we welcomed the second little boy to our family & I'm not gonna lie-- He's a keeper! The delivery was just dandy as far as abdominal surgery goes, & before I knew it he was here! He had some little issues with his lungs & his blood sugar so, sadly (heart-wrenchingly) it was quite a while before I was able to hold him & several more hours before he was able to come to my room & officially meet his big brother who was going crazy waiting. He was 6lbs 3oz & 19.5" with a head of hair to rival Mr P's. I'm in love. Again. We went with the middle name Blue, as chosen by my elder son months ago, & what he's been referred to as ever since then. I love that someday I'll be able to tell him he was named by his older brother. Who, by the way, happens to be filling the role superbly. (knock on wood.)









6 comments:

mrs. jar said...

Congrats! He is so cute! Look at all that hair! I am so glad that everything went well and that he is here. And I think the story of his name is so sweet. He will love that one day!

Josh, Melissa and Brynn said...

Congratulations!! I think I am in love, too--what a cutie! That is a great story about his middle name. Hope you are all doing well! :)

Jen said...

What a handsome boy! Congratulation to you and your family, we love you!

erin said...

so sweet and handsome, and his name is righteous. congrats byington 4!

Libby said...

Jamie!! Your little boy Blue is simply adorable!! I am glad your pregnancy went well!! Post more pics!!

Brooke said...

Yay for Blue! How I love him already. xxoo