August 03, 2010

And Baby Makes 4.

Well, in less than 24 hours time I will officially be the mother of 2 boys. I'm still soaking it in, to be quite honest, & am both infinitely excited & also utterly terrified. There are days when it seems like I just got the hang of one of these rascals & in a matter of hours everything I know is liable to change & a whole new set of rules will apply. Every once in a while it hits me really hard & anxiety kicks in. Hard. How do you split your time/attention/love/energy etc. etc. with 2 when virtually every minute since my first son's birth has been devoted to him? Everyone keeps assuring me that it just 'works out.' That you just do what you have to do & that Mr P will adjust just fine. I sure hope you're all right, since there's no backing out now! So, wish me luck! Say a little prayer that my anesthesia goes a little more smoothly than last time & that I don't rip my innards open trying to keep track of a certain busy little boy.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

So excited for you!! Good luck with everything.

Brooke said...

See? You did just fine. Cute little mama.