March 10, 2010

Saying Goodbye.


Not all of you are dog people, & I totally understand & respect that, however those of you who are might feel a little of where I'm coming from here. About a month ago we had to make the ridiculously hard decision to get rid of Birdie & Dexter, our 2 little hound dogs. Dogs I never wanted, but that became a part of my family like I could never have imagined they would. Someday maybe we'll get another dog but not if there's any tiny chance I'll have to tell it goodbye. It's so cheesy & ridiculous but no one could ever have prepared me for how hard it was going to be. Or how sad it is when Mr P looks for them & I have to remind him that they went to live at another house with another little boy. He loved them. Chasing them, pulling their tails & ears, riding them like wild horses, feeding them all kinds of 'treats' & running through the sprinklers with them on hot days. Don't know that we'll ever be able to replace them. Now there's just Frankie, the mutant dog that resides here.... Sigh...

3 comments:

Josh, Melissa and Brynn said...

K, I have real tears flowing over here. I love dogs, too, and sincerely feel for you. Sometimes you have to do what's best for your family, though. Hang in there.

Brooke said...

I'm so sorry. And this picture is just so sad, with little Frankenstein on one side of the fence, and the other dogs looking out. Ohhhhhh, it makes me want to cry. That was such a hard thing to do. Beyond. xxoo

DaBudges said...

sniff...I feel your pain...sorta