March 25, 2010

Gender Verification.

As you may recall from a couple posts back, we were undecided about finding out the gender of baby #2. Tyler pretty much had me convinced that I could wait until the birth, however since we pretty much only get one chance to find out we decided to have the tech write the sex down & seal it up in an envelope in case we couldn't live with not knowing. (She saw things really fast, so that plus genetics led us to lean towards boy, but I guess you never know!)
Ty tried to take said envelope with him, insisting I was not to be trusted with it, but I convinced him otherwise & we parted ways for the day. I stopped down the hall to see my mom & in that time received 2 phone calls. The 1st my husband making sure the envelope was intact. The 2nd my husband saying maybe we could just go to dinner & open it there. And he thought he could wait 4 more months.... Silly dad. Admittedly I was excited though. I didn't want to be the one who caved!
So last night we met with some family at my favorite little Pizzeria & had Mr P open the envelope to reveal we are having a
BOY!!!!
We could not be happier. I'm so excited for Mr P to grow up with a little buddy. Hopefully they'll be great little friends & be able to rely on each other & have lots of good times. He still seems a little confused at the whole concept, & thinks his brother's name will be Blue. I guess you never know.
20 weeks down, 20 more to go, & all looks great so far. It's so incredible to be able to see your growing child, watch his heart beat & his little fingers & legs move & to have a little assurance that things are falling into place. What a miracle. I could not be more grateful for it.

4 comments:

mrs. jar said...

Ahh, congrats! I cannot wait to have a little boy. And I think that is sooo cute and funny about your hubby and how HE was the one that couldn't wait. Too cute!

DaBudges said...

hehe what a cute little tummy!

Mandy Bird said...

You are such a cute pregnant lady! Congrats on another boy :)

Tiffany said...

Yippee! I am happy for you. I am glad I had two boys cause they are buddies! That is great news!