April 15, 2009

Easter Weekend.









Easter weekend was quite nice around our house. Mr P was pretty excited about the basket the Easter Bunny left him, but what little kid isn't excited about copious amounts of sugar? We took him to the Terrace egg hunt, where he ran in the opposite direction, got one egg, found there was candy in it, & decided he just wanted that one piece opened right then, & stared at the parents who had pillowcases like they were lunatics (possibly learned from his mother) before getting the gist of gathering the eggs & putting them in his basket. Once he figured the whole thing out it was very cute. He would put the eggs in his little basket & tell me the colors with a grin the size of Georgia on his face.

Nursery is still going well, aside from when Ty decides to peek through the window & set Mr P into a little frenzy. We're working on the standing at a distance thing, so he won't be noticed. He seems to have a great time, especially when the snacks come out. Knock on wood...

We spent the afternoon with Ty's family eating & chatting, jumping on the trampoline, feeding the baby cows, & lounging. It's always a great day for a holiday.
Mr P even got an Easter haircut (Well, a trim at least. Most people don't even notice.) following a gal asking me if I was one of 'those moms' who doesn't cut their boy's hair. In my defense, I like it shaggy-- It really isn't just an excuse for me to be lazy.

5 comments:

DaBudges said...

I think his hair is adorable...so Porter. I also love the pic of you and him on the trampoline! Your hair is classic:D

Brooke said...

His Easter outfit is the cutest!!!!!! What a cutie pants!! Also, I'm so glad you are one of "those moms."

Tausha said...

Jamie-yea!! So glad that you came to my blog, espescially when you get to read about the mouse!!!
Yes! You need to go to my sis blog-she is on my sidebar-shawni and scotty-and read her story about people that just don't know when they need to keep their opinions to themselves. I too like the shaggy hair. If I had a little boy-I think that I would keep it long as well. Gotta love it when people tell you all about what they think! Awesome!
Hey-I am going to do a MK order this weekend-I will give you everything at cost. Let me know. Just call me. If you have anyone else who wants/needs stuff-just let me know. I have to do a minimum this time-so anyone who needs stuff would help lots!!!

Mandy Bird said...

What a cutie! I like his hair long : ) I'm glad I found your blog! I added it to my blog list. Mine is lanceandmandybird.blogspot.com

Tausha said...

holy crap! You so need to update!!
Congrats on the marathon! You go girl!
The door in the pics is at the old cannery building just off of wall-you turn at the chevron. They have some old bay doors with ladders and numbers on the brick walls. Super cute!
I have your stuff! Call me and you can come and get it or whatever. Let me know