December 22, 2008

Book Night.














I'm sure I've mentioned this a time or 2 before, & many of my avid readers don't need to be told this, but I have really awesome parents. They are really big on reading & education & such things, & some years ago started a tradition where every year at Christmas time we get together for what we call 'Book Night.' We get together for dinner & then head to a book store where everyone chooses a book, my parents buy them, write a note in them, wrap them up & have them waiting under the tree for us on Christmas. I don't know exactly how this tradition started, but I'm sure glad my parents were thoughtful enough to think of it & generous enough to continue it, even when the number of us has exceeded expectation. It's nice to have parents who instilled a love of books & reading in me, & nice to have the help in doing the same with Mr P. Thanks, mom & dad!! (These pics are just some of my faves of the boys on book night. By the time I dug my camera out some of the kids were gone &/or sleeping, so I don't have all the cute faces.)

1 comment:

Sara said...

what a great idea! i think i might have to steal that tradition and use it at our house too.

p.s. thank you so much for all your love and support.