January 17, 2012

Hakuna Matata.

Spending one last little weekend in Bear Lake. Not much snow & a terrible 
gallbladder attack,but there was plenty of fun to be had nonetheless.  
 These 2 boys were mesmerized with this security process & the equipment & this worker 
dude was so awesome w/them. & yes, that is my short-haired son.

We've been waiting for this day for quite some time & yet, even when you have months to prepare it seem like you're just never quite ready.  The good news is that my parents were ready to embark on their adventures, which made it a little easier to say goodbye.  I am so excited to see what awaits them in Kenya & the people they will meet & grow to love.  Any of you that know my parents know that they are amazing people & were made for missionary work.  They will thrive with the work & experience that lies ahead of them & I am so proud of them for making this sacrifice & being such awesome examples to my kids.
It was more than a little heart-wrenching watching Mr P wipe his eyes as he tried so hard to contain his emotion, & inevitably break down into full fledged sobs.  It was equally painful to pry Blue from my mom's arms as he cried for grandma & my dad had to turn away to regain composure. You see, the women in my family were bred for emotion, but when my dad breaks down it's more than a little tough to stomach.  But I know that they are doing the right thing.  I know that if this wasn't the right thing for them to do they wouldn't be going.  I'm not sure that they've ever had to put so much faith in something & I cherish them for it.  The next 23 months will be strange.  They will be hard & trying at times, but I know they will be full of blessings too.
The first thing Mr P asked when he got up this morning was if we could talk to grandma & grandpa on the computer today, so I sure hope they get settled & adjusted to the time zone so we can grant his wish.
Good luck, Elder Grandpa & Sister Grandma!!! Hakuna Matata!

**sidenote: Hakuna Matata translates to 'there is no problem' & has pretty much become our family motto.  We will sail through this!**

1 comment:

Becca Hatch said...

Why have I not read your blog before? Because I am lame.

I felt a tear in my eye reading about your parents leaving- I have so many happy memories of them both. They WILL be great missionaries and the time will go by fast.