October 01, 2009

Two Blinks of an Eye.

I have been procrastinating this post, because I haven't had a chance to do Mr P's 2 year pics yet, & because I seriously get emotional attempting it, but I better just start where I am & go from there. I don't even pretend to know how to sum up the last 2 years, other than to say they've been the best 2 of my life. Mr P came into this world with a head full of hair, the brightest blue eyes you can imagine & a smile that I'm sure could be used in achieving world peace. From the minute he was delivered he captured my heart in its entirety. And with what can be no more than 2 blinks of an eye, he's not a baby anymore.
It hits pretty hard on a daily basis, but never more than when he speaks in sentences, asks to wear an alternate pair of shoes, or runs up mid-play, gives my leg a kiss & scurries back to the task at hand. He's smart, that one, & I hope he can use some of that brain power to realize just how much he's the best thing that's ever happened to us.
I pray daily for the strength, the sanity, the bravery & foremost the ability to raise this little giant to enjoy the happiness & fulfillment I wish for him.
Happy Birthday, my only son.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Oh my gosh. Even the title of this post made me cry. Happy birthday, little man! Love you and your mama so much!